Jun 23, 2011

Lace Doily Nails!

Hi everyone! I have a really fun and cute nail design + tutorial to show you. It's purple nails and a lace doily/ scallop design. This is great for spring, summer, weddings, etc. And the great thing is that you can change up the colors to anything you like. So here goes the tutorial below, leave me a comment if you like this design or if you want to see more!




Materials:
Purple Nail Polish
White Nail Polish
Toothpick
Nail Polish Remover*
Q-Tip*
French Tip Sticker Guide*
Clear Top Coat*

* = Optional

To begin, I usually just wash my hands off and make sure they are all clean and push back my cuticles if I need to. (I add 2 good coats of the purple nail polish to make sure it's nicely covered)


Next, I add a french tip sticker guide, (mine happens to be Sally Hansen), because I'm not that great at painting a perfect french tip. **This is an optional step!**


After you paint them, they should look something like this:


If you have extra nail polish on the edges then you can just clean it up at the end using nail polish remover and a Q-Tip. In this next step, you just need to use a toothpick and make a blob of the same white nail polish. Take the toothpick and dip it into the white polish and make a small scallop edge right along the bottom of the french tip.


Lastly, you can add a clear top coat to finish off the nails. This will give it a nice shine and also keep them lasting longer. Here's another extra pic I took.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked this nail tutorial! Leave me a comment below if you think I should do more of these, or if you liked the design. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment